Libellés

lundi 14 août 2017

Cosmetics and flowers




I made this painting for the company I interned at last month.

I've been dreaming about working in the cosmetics industry for a long time and chose to study biology based on that. And this summer, I was very lucky to get an internship at a cosmetics company in my hometown, Marrakech.
It was an amazing experience I learned a lot of things and was very surprised to find out that a lot of things were just as I imagined them, the labs, the nice smells everywhere, the creative aspect and the list goes on..

AND! most importantly, all the people who work there were so nice to me that I really wanted to do something for the company, I was thinking about giving some kind of gift and figured the best way to express myelf and show my gratitude is through art, and that's how this painting came to life :)


I thought I'll just try put the image that I have in my mind about the cosmetics industry on a piece of watercolor paper: beautiful people, bottles of all shapes, sizes and colors, pretty and fragrant flowers.. And I found myself painting this.