Libellés

samedi 2 janvier 2016

Poupée de cire, poupée de son


While I was drawing this, I was listening to France Gall's song "Poupée de cire, poupée de son" that I know since I was around 10 because at that time I was watching the anime "Chocolat and Vanilla" and knew that its opening was inspired from Gall's song, but lately I discovered her other songs and now I absolutely love them! She was so innocent and sang naively the songs that were written for her (mostly by the great artist Serge Gainsbourg) without understanding the lyrics, because some of them had double meanings, and she had no idea about that at the time.
So I searched for the true meaning of "Poupée de cire, poupée de son" (=wax doll, rag doll) and found that Serge Gainsbourg basically meant that France was somehow a doll that he manipulated through making her sing his lyrics, but not only that, the song has a lot more puns and double meanings, so if you guys are interested I suggest you to check out Wikipedia's explanation, I find it really well detailed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poup%C3%A9e_de_cire,_poup%C3%A9e_de_son

Also if you're intersted in listening to France Gall's other songs, here's a playlist made from my faourite songs by her : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMYi7ox9pWAZVgyQI3O8R3Gv2F87DyE5k    :)